Before many decisions can be made, you and your fiancé will need to decide if the wedding will be formal or informal, large or small, and when and where it will take place. You also need to consider these factors before figuring out how to choose a wedding date.
A formal wedding usually has these three characteristics:
– The bride wears a long, white, or ivory gown with a chapel train and veil.
– The bridesmaids wear floor-length gowns.
– The groom and his attendants wear formal attire.
– The bride’s attendants include a maid or matron of honor, five to ten bridesmaids, and a flower girl.
– The grooms attendants include a best man, one usher for every fifty guests (or one usher for each bridesmaid), and a ring bearer.
– The ceremony takes place at a church, synagogue, large home, or garden.
– The invitations and announcements are engraved.
A semiformal wedding usually has these characteristics:
– The bride wears a long, white or ivory gown with a short train and veil.
– The bridesmaids wear floor-length gowns or a current style of dress.
– The groom and his attendants wear tuxedos.
– The bride’s attendants include a maid or matron of honor and three to seven bridesmaids; a flower girl is optional.
– The groom’s attendants include a best man and one usher for every fifty guests (or one for each bridesmaid); a ring bearer is optional.
– The ceremony takes place at a church, synagogue, chapel, home, garden, or hotel.
– The invitations and announcements are engraved or thermo graphed.
An informal wedding usually has these characteristics:
– The bride wears a white or pastel dress or suit.
– The bridesmaid wears a dress complementary to the brides dress.
– The groom and his attendant wear well-groomed suits.
– The bride’s attendant is a maid or matron of honor.
– The grooms attendant is a best man (an usher is selected, if need to seat guests).
– The ceremony usually takes place at a chapel, garden, home, or hotel.
– The invitations are handwritten or verbal.
The Style of the ceremony should be carried over to the reception.
When regional or ethnic customs need to be observed, you may flavor your wedding by using one or two songs from a wedding song list, by integrating colors in wedding decorating ideas or flowers, or by serving ethnic dishes compatible with other foods chosen for your reception. When you choose a wedding style, keep it consistent with the vibe you are trying to create.
The time of your wedding should be compatible with the weather in your area, especially if this is an outdoor Michigan wedding. If your wedding is during the summer or in a warm area of the country, it may be wise to schedule the wedding for early in the morning or in the evening. Likewise, weddings in cold, winter climates would be better scheduled at midday or early afternoon.
Have a few dates in mind before meeting with your officiate to select a wedding date. Verify these dates with possible wedding reception sites before making your final choice. Second-time brides are freer today to choose the style of wedding and reception they desire, but in no way should a second wedding be seen as competing with the first. If this is a second marriage and you are considering a religious ceremony, you may need to inquire for a church and a clergy member willing to perform the wedding service.
Unless military regulations stipulate otherwise, all officers have a choice whether to have a military wedding or civilian wedding.
– Military weddings usually are held in a church or chapel. Military weddings are formal, with military personnel in full-dress uniform, including medals. Civilian members of the wedding party dress in complementary formal attire.
– In a military wedding, the bridal couple usually walks through an arch or swords/sabers in the recessional as they exit the building. Other aspects of a military wedding are essentially the same as in any other wedding.
– If you have questions regarding military traditions to be followed, or any other aspect of a military wedding, consult with an officer or protocol or commanding officer.
Source by Robert Reno